How To Choose The Best Foundation Color — 13 Easy Tips. In this video, I am sharing my tips on how to choose the right foundation color, every time!
❤️ SUBSCRIBE HERE! http://bit.ly/YanaIrbeSubscribe
⬇️ RESOURCES MENTIONED + MY MAKEUP
❤️ TIPS ON CHOOSING THE RIGHT FOUNDATION
1. Foundation color consists of three elements—shade, undertone (warm, neutral, cool) and saturation. Be mindful of all three.
2. Not all brands follow the same color naming standards. A "tan" color in one brand, may not be the same in another.
3. Choose your shade from an undertone category (warm, cool or neutral) to eliminate 2/3 of options.
4. Foundation color names may indicate the undertone. A warm undertone foundation would usually come in color names such as: golden, honey, peach, sun, warm etc. Cool or neutral would be called: natural, beige, buff, cool etc.
5. Look up swatch photos and watch videos on YouTube.
6. Online resources to help you find the perfect shade:
Temptalia — https://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix
Ulta — http://www.ulta.com/shade-finders/
Sephora —https://www.sephora.com/color-iq (didn't work as well for me as the other three)
7. Ask for samples in a department store.
8. Bring a bottle of a foundation that does match you as a reference.
9. When choosing the right shade, keep in mind that you face has to match the rest of your body. Duh! (I had to mention it though).
10. Test a new foundation on the jawline.
11. If you can't choose between two shades, lighter is better than darker.
12. If you need to, buy two shades and custom mix them yourself.
13. If you need to, use color correcting drops. I will make a video on how to custom mix your foundation. In the meantime, I will link the adjusting drops I use.
Temptu S/B Adjusters Starter Set
❤️ I'M WEARING
Hair tutorial: https://youtu.be/4fKRtz2kFOc
1. Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer
2. Hot Tools Curling Iron (1-1/4") [Similar]
3. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
4. TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray
5. beautyblender Pro (Black)
6. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (Neutral 53)
7. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer (Light Medium)
8.RCMA No Color Powder
9. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
10. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector (Champagne Pop)
11. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
12. Urban Decay Primer Potion
13. Jaclyn Hill Morphe Eyeshadow Palette
14. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (Blackest Black)
15. Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
16. Gypsy Lashes (906)
17. NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner (London)
18. Too Faced Melted Latex Lipstick (Hopeless Romantic)
19. Essence Nail Polish (Dream On)
20. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
❤️ MY FILMING EQUIPMENT
Main Camera - Canon 80D http://amzn.to/2iSX1d3
Lens - Canon EF-S 24mm http://amzn.to/2iSxMaS
Microphone - RODE Video Mic Pro
Ring Light http://amzn.to/2hW13AA
Fill Lights http://amzn.to/2BojwOB
Vlogging Camera - Canon PowerShot G7 X http://amzn.to/2zr4I0i
Vlogging Tripod - Manfrotto Mini http://amzn.to/2k2C4Qf
Sequin Backdrops http://amzn.to/2zFDrvo
Snapchat - yanairbe
❤️ ABOUT ME
Hi, I'm Yana—a girl who loves beauty, style & chocolate. What kind of a name is "Yana Irbe" you ask? I was born in Russia in a quaint little town near Saint Petersburg but I grew up in Boston, Massachusetts, which I'm lucky to call home. I started my YouTube channel to share videos of what I love. On my channel, you will find product reviews, beauty tutorials, style tips, hauls, vlogs & more. I upload new videos weekly so be sure to subscribe to my channel to never miss one!
1. This video is NOT sponsored. All thoughts are my own.
2. Some of the links above are affiliate links—they do not cost you anything but help me support this channel. If you purchase an item through an affiliate link, I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
3. Products mentioned in this video were either purchased by me or sent to me by companies. I only feature products which I like or want to review and I am always 103% honest.
4. No matter how much I may love a product, I cannot guarantee that it will suit you. Please use your own judgment before purchasing a product or trying a technique featured in this video.
© Yana Irbe. All Rights Reserved.
Tags: How To Choose The Best Foundation Color — 13 Easy Tips, yana, irbe, yanairbe, yana irbe, choosing the right foundation shade, choosing foundation color, how to pick foundation color, how to pick foundation shade, foundation color, foundations shade, beauty 101